Tuesday, 12 April 2011

Helen is rowing for Minerva


Helen Glover learnt to row at Minerva with Paul Stannard under the World Class Start programme. She won the silver medal at the World Championships last year. Please see this email she sent us.


"Hi all, I hope things are going well at the club. We are in Italy on a training camp at the moment with some beautiful water and weather so feeling very lucky!


I am just emailing to let you know that I have had the opportunity to change clubs under the GB system (I moved to Reading uni bc to be coached when I moved there last year). I have declared Minerva Bath as the club I wish to represent this year, and hopefully on into 2012!


I feel the silver medal I achieved a the world championships was a great moment and I feel it is only right that the club I started out at gets to share in any international success with me. I will be pleased to be representing Minerva Bath at the GB rowing team trials at Dorney on April the 16th and 17th. Hope this email finds you all well and the club successful.


Helen Glover"


I'm really pleased that Helen has decided to wear Minerva colours.

We wish her all the best and hope to see her at Dorney Lake next year!!!!

Here is an update from Helen after the weekend! "Heather and I had a great weekend and won the pairs event. We set ourselves up well by winning the timetrial by 9 seconds, then winning the semi final ( both on Saturday) and won our final by a length of clear water today. In minerva yellow I was very easy for the supporters to spot!"

1 comment:

Gary said...

Helen, you are a star! Well done on your continuing success and nice one for remembering us!!!